Wednesday, June 10, 2009

London - Part 1

Arrived in London last weekend, (on the train, only 2 1/4 hrs from Paris, and 1000 times for comfortable) specifically for the cricket, but also went around and did a few other sight seeing type things and managed to cram plenty into what seemed like an all too short weekend.

First of all I am going to do a little bit of a multiple choice quiz with you. See if you can choose the correct answer.

The weather in London was :-


a) Cold
b)Wet
c) Windy
d) All of the above


The correct answer is "D - All of the above"

Yes thats right, I dont think I saw the sun the whole time we were there. But we didn't let that deter us. As proper tourists in London for the first time, we took in the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. (I was looking for Lindsay Buckingham, but I couldnt see him anywhere. Or any other members of Fleetwood Mac for that matter)



After that we wandered into town and had a look at Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament




Which was then follwed by a trip on the London eye. I must say the actual eye is a fairly impressive thing, and the ride, is not overly exciting. Lets face it, London aint exactly the most prettiest city going around. I am sure if the Thames was not so brown, the city would look a lot nicer.


In the evening we went to Shakespere's Globe Theatre, to take in some Shakespere. I was suprised how much I enjoyed it. Thankfully we saw a comedy, 'As You Like It'. I thought it would be a little bit boring, but it was about 50x better than I expected.

2 comments: