Thursday, June 4, 2009

Carni Alert!





Went to an awesome Carnival thats in one of the park on the edge of town called "Faire du Troine" Its basically like the Easter Show's side show alley, that rocks up to Paris for a couple of months every spring. To be honest I can't stand travelling carnival attractions. I think working in a theme park for so many years turned me into a bit of an amusment park snob. Theres something that just never looks safe about temporary attractions. Also it sadens me to report that French Carni's do not look as feral as their Australian counterparts.


(We went on this ride)


There were a lot of the usual carnival treats, We had a lot of people screaming at us in French to come over and try out their games of skill. (75% of which involved shooting) Also on the subject of the carnival games, superficially it appeard to me that there were some pretty awesome prizes that could be won on a lot of the games. Plasma TV's, WII's, PS3's XBoxes, Iphones all appeard to be very standard type prizes across a lot of the games there. But I guess having all this cool stuff on display is what is supposed to sucker you into playing. That being said, had I have won a 42" plasma TV, I am buggered if I know how the hell I was going to take it home on the metro.

There was one pretty good looking temporary roller coaster there simply called 'King',


and it was by far the best temporary roller coaster I have ever seen in my life. It wasn't like most of those crap 'wild mouse' style coaster you see at the easter show, etc etc, it was a real fair dinkum roller coaster, that was an actual train of carriages all joined, as opposed to the usual one or two carriage thing you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment