Monday, May 25, 2009

Eurodisney, Paris the City and Bogans


First of all, despite Paris being a nice city full of nice people, its funny the strangest places that you still find some good ol Bogans. I am not talking about French bogans either, I am talking about good ol fashioned Aussie bogans.

Rach and I were in a department store on the Champs-Elysees last Thursday, having a look through the alcohol that was on offer. There was a group of four 20 something people also browsing through the alcohol. One of the guys picked up a six pack of beer off the shelf, and one of the girls grabbed a bottle of vodka and a six pack and turned to the other girl and said, "great, now we just need to go down to the servo and get some ice and we'll be sweet" I closed my eyes, and imagined that I was standing in Woolworths at Penrith Plaza. Paris seemed so far away.






(This is where I will bring the DeLoreon to generate the 1.21 giggawatts to get me back to Oz)


EURO DISNEY



If you love queuing then this is the place for you. Everything is just a massive queue. We queued up for an hour just to get in, all the rides, massive queues, even when you take a "fastpass" that is supposed to prevent queuing, you still queue. Its unbelievable how slow some people could be at the ticket windows. I am no theme park expert (actually yes I am) I am of the opinion that the longer that people are standing out the front waiting to get in, the less time they are spending inside actually spending money (which is what you want Eurodisney!)

After out 65 min wait to get tickets, we finally got inside to enjoy the splendour that was Eurodisney, and my god there were people EVERYWHERE. I had never seen so many people in such a relatively small space in my life. Even walking around was a pain, so many strollers, and a lot of fat american's who were too lazy/fat to walk around the park, getting pushed around by family members in hired wheelchairs. (I kid you not)

No comments:

Post a Comment